This is the successor to the very popular Haynes Motorcycle Carburettor Manual, updated to contain information on the chemistry of combustion, fuel injection systems, supercharging, special fuels, and troubleshooting.
Like its predecessor, this book presents the basic principles of carburetor operation and takes you through the practical aspects of overhaul, tuning, and correcting improper adjustments.
Covers a wide range of carburetor types, including slide, constant velocity, and fixed-jet carbs. Refers to carburetors made by Amal, Dell'Orto, SU, Gardner, El, Lectron, Bendix, Tillotson, Keihin, Mikuni, and others. An extremely practical guide every serious motorcyclist should have.
Table of Contents
- About this manual
- Safety first!
- Fuel systems: overview
- Basic principles: chemistry & combustion
- Gas flow
- Carburetor theory
- Fuel injection theory
- Carburetor tuning
- Carburetor construction and adjustment - Keihin & Mikuni
- Carburetor construction and adjustment - Amal, Dell'Orto, SU, Gardner, EI, Lectron, Bendix, Tillotson, Keihin & Mikuni
- Ancillary parts
- Fuel injection: adjustments and settings
- Supercharging and special fuels
- Fault finding (troubleshooting)
- Technical terms and symbols explained
|Format||8.25 x 11 inches|
|Illustrations||black and white|