Jam-packed with advice from long-distance motorcycle travel veterans, and written by best-selling author Ron Ayres, this handbook can help you extend your range on a motorcycle.
Written for anyone who wants to comfortably spend more time in the saddle and less time waiting at the next rest stop, this book compiles the proven techniques that can make your next long motorcycle trip fun, safe, and comfortable.
The book answers some of the most frequently asked questions about spending more time in the saddle. You'll learn how to:
- Choose versatile gear to protect you
- Prepare yourself physically for long times in the saddle
- Modify your points of contact - seat, handlebars, and footpegs - for maximum comfort
- Mount and use the latest gadgets to help you stay alert
- Develop good riding habits and eliminate distractions
- Plan extended routes with mapping software
- Manage fuel consumption, speed, and rest breaks
- Build mileage gradually and meet others who share your long-mileage interests
- Equip your bike to best handle the rigors of off-pavement routes
- Participate in an organized endurance event
- Access additional resources about long-distance riding
Included in this extensive and thorough work is a resource directory that's worth the price of the book alone! At your fingertips are hundreds of valuable contacts and resources, organized by category, with company names, a brief description of their products or service, website and/or e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers.
|Format||8.25 by 10.5 inches|
|Illustrations||black and white|